[LinuxBIOS] Support for Intel Little Valley

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 20:08:01 CET 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 10:54 AM, Michael Ost <most at museresearch.com> wrote:

> Just so I understand, with FILO as the payload will linuxbios get us to
> the bootloader step faster than the current Intel bios? Is that the
> primary benefit?

one benefit. Also, there are no DRM-like features in linuxbios, and in
future BIOSes DRM is pretty clearly going  to be there (masquerading
as system management mode code).

And, you can control the platform and do interesting things, as DRC
and Xtreme data are doing by putting an FPGA into an opteron slot. The
BIOS has to cooperate with that.

ron