[LinuxBIOS] [Fwd: Re: Patch file for Fedora 8 compile problems]

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 05:30:36 CET 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 8:19 PM,  <joe at smittys.pointclark.net> wrote:

> I agree with you Ron. I makes alot of sense just to make this a
> makefile option. No need to make things more complicated than they
> need to be. But, I don't really know why we would need to add a
> seperate build option file that the makfile calls just for one
> function (assuming it would only be one function), unless your idea is
> to designate the makefilo.distro file for future distro specific issues?

You are not really 'calling' the makefile, you are including a file of
definitions such as
BUILD_ID="blah blah"

This file is created by buildtarget.
By using an include file, you avoid having to actually change the
makefile. This is pretty flexible.

It's not one function, it's one variable define.

But, yes, this does nicely set us up for handling other future distro
and gnu toolchain issues.

Thanks

ron