[LinuxBIOS] Tyan s1894

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Mon Dec 17 21:12:37 CET 2007

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 03:55:06AM +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 03:21:28PM -0600, Jason Green wrote:
> > I am new to LinuxBIOS mailing list.  I have a few old boards I want
> > to try out.  I dunno if it's compatible with this or not.
> >
> > http://www.tyan.com/archive/products/html/tigercub100.html
>
> Maybe it's similar enough to the s1846 that the 1846 port works as
> is? Or maybe it could at least be a good start for a s1894 port?

Yep, definately. Shouldn't be too much hassle to port this board.

Jason, please post the output of 'lspci -tvnn' and 'superiotool -dV'
here (run as root). Also, post the irq_tables.c file which is generated
when you run 'getpir' on the board.

With that information as a starting point we'll be able to make a first
patch for your board.

Do you have a possibility to flash your BIOS chip (either an external
programmer or you can use the flashrom tool (please post 'flashrom -V'
here so we know if your board might be supported).

Also, is the BIOS chip in a socket or soldered onto the board? Do you
have a null-modem cable to grab serial debugging output from LinuxBIOS
later?

Thanks, Uwe.