[LinuxBIOS] [Fwd: Re: Patch file for Fedora 8 compile problems]

Marc Karasek Marc.Karasek at Sun.COM
Mon Dec 17 16:45:54 CET 2007

The patch could be put in as a blank option or now with a
"README.Fedora8" file in the root.  The readme would give instructions
to change the Options.lb file to include the -Wl,--build-id=none
option.  At some point in the future we could change it around and make
it so that the default is the option with a "README.build-id" about
removing it.  This would hopefully be a mute point, at some future time,
as V2 would give way to V3 (which does not have this problem).

I still feel the Options.lb patch is the best and cleanest way to go at
this point.  The only sticking point is that the majority of people are
not on Fedora8 yet and do not "need" this patch.  I think my suggestion
above solves this problem.  The only issue I can see is if the change to
add the option sneaks into the tree with a future patch file before we
want to make the switch.  This will just take some watchfullness on our
part to make sure it does not happen.

I can put together a patch file with the changes and also the added
README.Fedora8 file, if this is OK...

Marc Karasek
MTS
Sun Microsystems