[LinuxBIOS] [Fwd: Re: Patch file for Fedora 8 compile problems]

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 05:16:09 CET 2007

On Dec 16, 2007 4:42 PM, Marc Karasek <Marc.Karasek at sun.com> wrote:
> In order to enable/disable it you  just have to go into the
> src/config/Options.lb and change the BUILDID_OPTION to be blank for
> older ld versions / non-x86 builds and leave it as "-Wl,--build-id=none"
> for the newer ld versions.

There is no way we can ask users to do this. We never intended for
users to modify src/config/Options.lb as a normal part of making a
build work.

The Options.lb file defines a set of config variables, and sets
reasonable default values for them, and for the most part these values
are mainboard and build related. For the most part, all these settings
work across all distros.

I don't want to ask people to start tweaking this file.

We have to find a better way. Let's keep thinking.

Thanks!

ron