[LinuxBIOS] PCI: Left over static devices. Check your Config.lb

Steve Isaacs yasteve at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 21:42:23 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 21:25 +0100, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 10:08:30AM -0800, Steve Isaacs wrote:
> > One thing that keeps tripping me is it appears that some device numbers
> > are 0 based and others are 1 based. For example 18.0 agrees with a PCI
> > bus scan as well as 19.0 but 6.0 in the Config shows up as 7.0 in the
> > scan and 0.0 as 1.0. What's up with that?
>
> Hm, good question. Someone else will have to answer it.

Thanks to you're reminding me of Stefan Reinauer's PDF I might be able
to take a stab at it. The key sentence from the "pci" section is: "The
first occurrence of the pci keyword tells LinuxBIOS where the bridge
devices start, [and this is the key part] relative to the PCI
configuration space used by the bridge." So, in my case the ht1100
starts at DID 1 (let's call that bridge DID or DIDb) and devices are
enumerated as DIDb + 0, DIDb + 1 and so on. If I look at it that way I
can deduce when 0 is needed. Does that seem correct?

> > Here's the output you requested. I've included the output from
> > print_pci_devices() (debug.c).
>
> Please also post the lspci from the vendor BIOS for comparison.

I did post the Phoenix BIOS since I'm currently unable to boot using
LinuxBIOS.

Steve