[LinuxBIOS] PCI: Left over static devices. Check your Config.lb

Steve Isaacs yasteve at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 20:05:40 CET 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-09 at 15:56 -0500, Tom Sylla wrote:
> Steve Isaacs wrote:
> >         chip southbridge/broadcom/bcm21000
> >           device pci 0.0 on
> >           end
> >           device pci 1.0 off
> >           end
> >           device pci 2.0 on
> >           end
> >           device pci 3.0 off
> >           end
> >           device pci 4.0 off
> >           end
> >         end
>
> Your HT2100 part looks ok. Here is what I have used successfully on a
> 2100 board:
>
> chip southbridge/broadcom/bcm21000 # HT2100
>    device pci 0.0 on end # PCIe 0
>    device pci 1.0 on end # PCIe 1
>    device pci 2.0 on end # PCIe 2
>    device pci 3.0 on end # PCIe 3
>    device pci 4.0 on end # PCIe 4
> end
>
> My board has all 5 PCIe ports in use, so they are all enabled. From your
> "offs", it looks like you must be using the x16/x8 mux option, but that
> seems to conflict with below:

Yes, it's x16/x8.

> Where are the HT2100 PCIe controllers? I would expect to see 1166:0140
> or 142 or 144.
>
> I would suggest that you turn them all "on" as an experiment. The
> Config.lb tree description has always been confusing, with documentation
> that doesn't talk much about new chipsets. The only way I ever got
> anything to work was by trial and error. (and my LB complains about
> leftover statics on my board if I turn any of the HT2100 ports "off")

I'm not sure how much of the lspci output can be believed since it was
produced using a Phoenix BIOS on the board (since I don't have a
LinuxBIOS config that will boot yet). Also, I don't believe I can
perform the experiment you request since I don't have control of the
BIOS that was used to capture the lspci output.

Steve