[LinuxBIOS] Buildrom setup broken for GA-M57SLI?

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 19:26:09 CET 2007

Ward Vandewege wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 01:26:30PM -0500, Richard Smith wrote:
>> Doesn't seem to work for me.
>>
>> The -fno-stack-protector checking isn't working.
>
> Yep, known bug that needs fixing.
>
>> After hacking the
>> necessary makefiles to have -fno-stack-protector I get:
>
> Great, can you supply a patch?

No. because its just a hack.  Literally, I go edit the Makefiles and add
a -fno-stack-protector.  I have to add it in 3 places.
The mkelfimage, and twice in linuxbios since the CAR code uses a
different set of CFLAGS.

Jordan:  I'll did into this a bit deeper, if want me to, but you will
need to give me the 411 on what its supposed to be doing.

> Yep. Did you do a make distclean && make ? I really have to do that after
> every change / failed build.

Yeah tried all that.  I played with some settings as well.  Busybox was
still selected but if I de-select then I get:

 > # Ugh!!! Remember that libdl.a and libdl_pic.a are different.  Since
# libdl is pretty small, and not likely to benefit from mklibs.py and
# similar, lets just remove libdl_pic.a and avoid the issue
rm -f
/home/rsmith/projects/linuxbios/buildrom/buildrom-devel/staging/lib/libdl_pic.a
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/rsmith/projects/linuxbios/buildrom/buildrom-devel/work/uclibc/uClibc-0.9.28'
cp: target
`/home/rsmith/projects/linuxbios/buildrom/buildrom-devel/initrd-rootfs'
is not a directory
make: ***
[/home/rsmith/projects/linuxbios/buildrom/buildrom-devel/deploy/initrd.uncompressed]
Error 1

Is anyone else here on the list running gutsy?

--
Richard A. Smith
smithbone at gmail.com