[LinuxBIOS] PCI: Left over static devices. Check your Config.lb

Steve Isaacs yasteve at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 16:51:43 CET 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-09 at 10:15 -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> On Dec 9, 2007 10:12 AM, Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> wrote:
>
> > You don't have the 19.* devices from lspci listed here; not sure what
> > those devices are, but I guess they must be listed.
>
> They're cpu 1 northbridge I believe.

You're correct.

> The rule is, unless you really MUST list a device in Config.lb, don't list it.
>
> I.e. take out most of the devices I see in this Config.lb

That's something I don't understand. What is essential and what is not?
e.g. Can I leave out the 18.x as well and LB will auto-detect like it
did for node 1 (19.x)?

What I tried to start with is to enable only the devices that are needed
to boot and leave the rest to Linux but am unsure what I need to do
there.

I appreciate your helping me understand this.

Steve