[LinuxBIOS] Expand linuxbiosv3 support

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Sat Dec 8 05:07:33 CET 2007

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 12:31:37PM -0700, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> On 07/12/07 00:06 -0500, Corey Osgood wrote:
> > Typo! That makes 2 mistakes this week!  Are you feeling okay? :P
> > This does look pretty good though, and the idea of having v3 in buildrom
> > is great! I'm kicking myself now for never having used buildrom until
> > yesterday, such a great tool. Did you ever track down the source of that
> > __stack_chk_fail we discussed on IRC?
>
> Autoconf is very annoying, but as the inventor of OpenEmbedded once famously
> said, "autoconf sucks, but at least we know how it sucks".  However, no
> amount of autoconf knowledge will save us from projects that further abuse
> the already fragile scripts.   In this case, we have mkelfimage committing
> several crimes - 1) they overwrite incoming environment variables
> in autoconf, thereby thwarting any possibility of us tweaking things from
> the ouside, and 2) they ship a version of the final configure script, which
> forces us to patch both the configure.ac _and_ the configure script itself,
> which makes this patch much, much larger then it should be.  Please,
> all you budding developers out there - take heed. <end rant>
>
> Okay - here is the patch against buildrom - it fixes my ills, but I need
> another tester before I'll consider it good.

I just tried to test this, but I don't even get as far as mkelfimage - I get
stack protector errors building LinuxBIOS. Isn't buildrom supposed to pass
the stack protector to LB? Looks like that is not working for me. I'm
building on 64 bit.

This is with or without your patch, btw.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Ward.

--