[LinuxBIOS] superiotool: conflicting SID for PC97317?

Ulf Jordan jordan at chalmers.se
Thu Dec 6 22:44:55 CET 2007

Hello!

I'm writing a patch to add detection and dump support for the NSC PC97317.
According to the datasheet from National it has SID = 0xdf. However, in
superiotool/nsc.c there is the conflicting entry

         {0xdf, "PC97371", {     /* From sensors-detect */
                 {EOT}}},

I have not been able to find any datasheet on PC97371. Furthermore it's
not mentioned by National in the list of chips that were sold to Winbond,
and a simple google search for PC97371 returns hits on lm-sensors (and to
a lesser extent superiotool). OTOH, googling for PC97317 returns
datasheets as the most prominent hits. Both PC87317 and PC97317 are
mentioned among the chips transfered from National to Winbond.

I'm beginning to suspect that the '371s could be the result of a typo in
sensors-detect (introduced in their r2848), that was later carried over to
superiotool/nsc.c (r2837).

Any comments?

/ulf