[LinuxBIOS] Infamous __stack_chk_fail problem.

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Mon Dec 3 23:29:21 CET 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 02:11:50PM -0800, Steve Isaacs wrote:
> So, I summarize. If I need a consistent and repeatable build I use the
> toolchain of my choice and use the above to point the LinuxBIOS build to
> that toolchain.

Yep, pretty much. For a product you probably also want to stick with a
certain tested svn version of LinuxBIOS (not trunk, which is a moving target).

(This doesn't mean trunk is unstable. Any breakage is considered a no-no
and is a bug; all commits should keep trunk in a building/working state.
But using a specific svn version is still a bit safer)

HTH, Uwe.