[LinuxBIOS] Infamous __stack_chk_fail problem.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Mon Dec 3 22:36:51 CET 2007

* Steve Isaacs <yasteve at gmail.com> [071203 22:19]:
> Did I miss something? Is this something that others can use? btw: the
> URL didn't point to anything other than a test report.

In theory, yes. Anyone can hook up a mainboard into the test system. And
anyone else can then submit bios images to be tested to those
distributed machines. Also, the bios images built with every svn commit
are sent to all connected machines, making sure there are no
regressions.
Unfortunately the system is currently unused when I quickly needed that
one bios savior for 39SF020 parts in another project.

> I agree, I've used crosstool before on different embedded projects. I
> suppose my suggestion to integrate crosstool into buildrom doesn't fly.
> I'll accept that. Give me some time to get a feel for what is LinuxBIOS
> responsibility and what isn't.

Sorry if I sounded bitchy. I don't want to be. Though I think we should
try to follow the rules that all good things are simple.

> I did some digging in the Config.lb files and couldn't find an example.
> Do you have one? Is there any doc on how to control things like CC,
> CFLAGS and the like? I didn't realize things could be shunted this way.

You can add the following lines to your
target/<vendor>/<board>/Config.lb:

option CC="i386-elf-gcc"
# this one is CFLAGS.
option CPU_OPT="-O2 -Wl,..."
option HOSTCC="gcc"

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613