[LinuxBIOS] util/* as separate projects? (was: Re: Add Flash-chipsupport)

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Thu Aug 30 12:22:11 CEST 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 02:19:08AM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> >> + * This file is part of the LinuxBIOS project.
> >                                ^^^^^^^^^
> >                 Make this "flashrom" please
>
> I disagree. In my opinion flashrom is a part of the LinuxBIOS project.

Hm, depends on the viewpoint and personal preference, I guess. Flashrom
shares some/most of the developers with LinuxBIOS, but that doesn't
make it part of the LinuxBIOS project (as in: the firmware software
called LinuxBIOS). It's an independant user-space command line tool,
which just happens to be developed by the same people as LinuxBIOS.

The same is probably true for lxbios, FILO, lbmenu, and other related tools.

Uwe.