[LinuxBIOS] patch: extending LAR, and removing elf from linuxbios (it is not needed)

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Aug 29 10:20:39 CEST 2007

* ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> [070828 20:41]:
> p.s. I can not get the LARCHIVE problem to NOT happen now. So, until
> we fix it right, let's take my wrong fix. Three of us have tried and
> failed to fix this, so, let's assume it's not trivial.

NACK. I didn't even look into it yet. It won't become more trivial if we
start discussing this in 2 years, and we come up with "we don't remember
why we did it like that 2 years ago. There was some reason so we better
leave it as it is". This stuff really scared me in the past.

There is no such thing as a makeshift solution.

Please go on and commit your ELF-as-LAR stuff without this and the other
hack and keep them in your local tree so it works for you for now. I
will try to fix it as soon as I am through all of the GSoC evaluations.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613