[LinuxBIOS] [RFC] Call for Action: LinuxBIOS foundations

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Aug 29 07:31:00 CEST 2007

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 08:59:53PM +0200, popkonserve wrote:
> Why trying to support bleeding edge hardware

News value.

> my problem is not that i don't understand the hardware itself but
> the linuxbios framework.

You are not alone.

> what i would like to see is: generic support for usb/cdrom boot,

The job of FILO / GRUB2. USB is so-so in FILO - don't know about USB
in GRUB2. Patrick, do you know?

> ide support in southbridges,

Sure - but isn't this usually there?

> an onscreen menu (nothing fancy)

Uwe's lbmenu payload for v3 will be a big hit.

> and a far better documentation for users and developers.

Yep. We tried to improve both usability and developability in v3 and
I think it is a big improvement over v2.

//Peter