[LinuxBIOS] Latest on via epia-m for LinuxBIOS v2?

Matthew Bloch matthew at bytemark.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 02:11:36 CEST 2007

Corey Osgood wrote:
> You'd need an RD1-PL IIRC, and they're sold out every place I know of,
> and IOSS has stopped manufacturing them. You can check the compatibility
> list at ioss.com.tw to be sure. This might be helpful as well:
> http://www.linuxbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2007-April/019809.html

Oh, that's a shame, I'd just sent an order.  I like the coloured
handles.  Well that does leave only one option for recovery which is the
spare board & hot plug.  Went ahead and flashed without success and was
all ready to pack up with a glum face for the evening (hadn't even
bothered with a serial cable) ... but on a tip from the linuxbios/EPIA
wiki page, replaced my 256MB stick with 512MB and after a few seconds of
hard drive clicking it came up on the network!  Hooray!  So from a cold
boot, the board is now available on the network in about 30s - lame of
course, I need to dig out a flash drive to fix that :)  I'm sure there's
room for improvement but I should at least dig out a serial cable before
I try to optimise this too much more.

Thanks a lot,

--
Matthew