[LinuxBIOS] yo, pre-bricking an A8N-E !

Quux pawn2be.wild at yahoo.de
Fri Aug 24 00:00:49 CEST 2007

wow, it only took me only 3 hrs to pre-brick the Asus A8N-E I got at
ebay for €22.

I would have been faster, but the ROM / IMAGE SIZE of the current
revision ist stated as 7F00 instead of  20000hex as in the M57SLI
target. Once I fixed that I could flash the current revision - and the
POST card gives me a steady 80.

I keep you guys informed but the ASUS A8N target is not even flashable
currently (Also the wiki - downloadable ROM image is bad size (20000hex
required)).
I plan to put together a CDROM .ISO file (a remastered dream linux) with
the LB tree and ready-to-flash working filo-ROM-image. should be a
quickie.     --Q