[LinuxBIOS] 440bx laptop(s)

Jon Bradley weatchu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 22:06:42 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have (5) 440bx laptops,  that would be much more useful if they booted
fast, but messing with the bios seems like a scary thing.  I compile LFS
(linuxfromscratch) on all of these and customize them with fvwm, very few
programs, firefox, abiword, xcalc, some quick scripts to reset the wifi,
then give them away, (or sell them :)

Anyway, my question: Would it be a cut and dry operation to install
LinuxBIOS on the 440bx laptops?  One is a ibm 240, 300mhz celeron, the other
four are Solis (basicly renamed dell) 266mhz p2's .. all 440bx.

Jon.