[LinuxBIOS] [patch] flashrom: Fix support for Winbond W39V040FA

Darmawan Salihun darmawan.salihun at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 08:28:04 CEST 2007

On 8/22/07, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:

> Darmawan Salihun wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    I forgot to include the my copyright for the added file previously.
> > Fixed. See patch
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Darmawan Salihun
> > -= Human knowledge belongs to the world =-
> Is there a reason you use your own mmap instead of using the already
> mmapped area in flashrom.c:int map_flash_registers(struct flashchip
> *flash)
> ?

Having analyzed map_flash_registers(), I'm sure I can use that  function.
I'm going to test it tonight. However, it seems to be the patch will stay as
different file because among all of the flashchip support files, there's no
one of them that can provide the register unprotect routine(s).

Regards,

Darmawan Salihun