[LinuxBIOS] AM2 socket based Tyan motherboards

nico nico.inc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 01:20:55 CEST 2007

I was about to go for the  S2925A2NRF.
there is a NVIDIA nForce Professional 3400 chipset in it

where are we regarding to that chipset support ? It should be
supported by the mcp55 generic arch if my understanding of the nvidia
product line is correct...
(sorry I had no time to look deeply into the source code...)

I was looking for a winter project.... helping out with the port to
this mobo might do the job :)
I had no exposure to the linux bios project before, but I played with
u-boot (embedded bootloader project) lately, it will be helpfull I
hope.

I'll start with my old ASUS A7V8X-MX SE and see what linuxbios can do with it...

nico

On 8/21/07, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> Hi Nico,
>
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 09:30:35PM +0200, nico wrote:
> > Do you know if linuxbios will have a full support for the new
> > "Tomcat n3400B" from Tyan
>
> It doesn't right now, and I noone has mentioned it before AFAIK.
> Maybe you are interested in porting LB to it?
>

> > (I know that the Opteron based mobos have a good support) ?
>
> There's all the other stuff on the mobo too that needs good support.
> Not all southbridges work equally well for one. Do you know what,
> exactly, is on that board? lspci -v would be good.
>

> //Peter
>
> --

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|     Nicolas  HUOT