[LinuxBIOS] Fwd: Re: smbus_write_byte

Joseph Smith joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Tue Aug 21 10:34:19 CEST 2007

>> Joe,
>> There is an example of an spd array in
>> mainboard/artecgroup/dbe61/cache_as_ram_auto.c spd_read_byte(). You
>> will have to generate the correct SPD values for your memory.
>>

>> Marc

Cool!! So let me get this straight. The function spd_read_byte() in
cache_as_ram_auto.c is re-defining the spd_read_byte() function from
src/southbridge/amd/cs5536/cs5536_early_smbus.c correct?
And it is saying that if the device is DIMM0 (0xA0) to read from the array?
So what if it is DIMM1 (0xA2)? Does it use the normal spd_read_byte()
from cs5536_early_smbus.c?

Thanks - Joe