[LinuxBIOS] smbus_write_byte

Joseph Smith joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Sat Aug 18 18:37:26 CEST 2007

Quoting Corey Osgood <corey.osgood at gmail.com>:

> Joseph Smith wrote:
>> Anyone know if there is a function to write to the smbus similar to
>> the smbus_read_byte function? Execpt write not read of course, like
>> smbus_write_byte?
>>
>> Thanks - Joe
>>

> For i82801xx, it's already implemented, just totally untested. I have no
> idea who wrote it, and I make no claim of it actually working (although
> it very well could).  Have a look at i82801xx_smbus.h, that's where all
> the smbus functions really live, you're looking for do_smbus_write_byte.
> It's commented out atm, my own decision since I was unsure of it with no
> real way to test.
>
> -Corey

Hmm, Looks like in i82801xx_early_smbus.c (which is what I need for auto.c)
there is smbus_write_byte, and smbus_write_block. The function is
defined in i82801xx_smbus.h. I really need to get this going. Because
my onboard memory has no SPD I need to write to smbus 0x51 to trick
the system into thinking there is SPD there. Any suggestions on what
is wrong with it??

Thanks - Joe