[LinuxBIOS] row_offset

Joseph Smith joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Sat Aug 18 08:02:26 CEST 2007

Corey,
I am a little confused about the significance of the row_offset in the
i82810 raminit.c.

1. What do you mean by row? Each row of DRAM technologies (Side) or
each row of DIMM (Socket)?? Two different things.

/* Set the row offset, in KBytes (should this be
  * Kbits?). Note that this offset is the start of the
  * next row.
  */
row_offset = (dimm_size * 4 * 1024);

2. If this the start of the next row should it be row_offset +1 Kilobyte??

3. Lastly, is row_offset from function spd_set_dram_size supposed show
up in sdram_enable?? Wouldn?t we need a:

return row_offset;

At the end of spd_set_dram_size?? For me it just shows as 0?

Thanks - Joe