[LinuxBIOS] EEPROM/flash device not found error

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Aug 16 00:07:10 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 04:36:15PM +0200, Ingmar Schraub wrote:
> Jordan Crouse wrote:
> > I vote for enabled_flash_cs5536.
>
> Well, Peter and you should agree an something.

I prefer geodelx because that's where the 1808 MSR seems to be - it's
in the LX databook, and it tells the memory controller in the LX how
to handle writes to the top of the address space.

We may need a enable_flash_cs5536() as well, to fiddle with the
51400010-51400013 (maybe 0015) DIVIL MSRs for the flash controller
in the 5536.

5536 has subtractive decode to LPC, so no decoding needs to be set up
like for 5530. But maybe there is a write protect bit somewhere in
the 5536 that needs to be flipped? I've looked through the data book
briefly but didn't spot one. Jordan?

//Peter