[LinuxBIOS] where are we on the MSI K9N Neo-F?

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Aug 15 18:03:28 CEST 2007

On 13.08.2007 01:29, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 06:25:26PM -0400, Ward Vandewege wrote:
>
>> It's cheap and on the face of it should be fairly easy to port -
>> MCP55 chipset, etc. There was some concern about the ehternet card?
>
> For LB purposes the NIC is not likely to cause problems, I think the
> uncertainty was about a Linux driver for it. drivers/net/forcedeth.c
> does support the relevant PCI IDs (PCI_DEVICE_ID_NVIDIA_NVENET_14/15,
> 0x0372/0x0373) according to the FreeBSD nfe driver.

If there are problems with forcedeth, I'd like to know about them as I'm
one of the authors (although most of my work was in reverse engineering
prior to Nvidia supporting the driver).

>> I think I'll get this board or perhaps one of the Abit KN9 ones
>> that are very similar to the Gigabyte M57SLI-S4. All have a PLCC
>> socket which is a big plus.
>>
>> If anyone has been working on these boards give me a shout - I'd
>> like to put some work into adding support for one of these.
>
> I don't know if Carl-Daniel got a response from the desktop BIOS
> people at MSI, I got the impression we'd be able to get some help
> from them if we needed it, but I suppose it would be easier for
> them to answer specific questions.

As you say: They were willing to answer specific questions, but I got
sidetracked by university papers and unfortunately had no time for
porting in the last months.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel