[LinuxBIOS] Questions to flashing BIOS chips

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Aug 15 12:35:02 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 08:50:49AM +0200, Thomas Buschhardt wrote:
> > Compare contents of the restored flash with one of the other
> > samples.
>
> Oh my god - I find the error - like you suggest, I compare the
> contents and it differ. It differ on all chips on all burnsessions.

It is quite likely that the different sample BIOS images from the
vendors are different, even if for the same hardware.

But if you erase the chip, write an image, and then verify fails -
there is something wrong indeed. (Don't forget erase first!)

> Hmm its only 2 options - the chips are damage or the programmer
> (Galep)

The GALEP 5 seems to be a really good piece of hardware so it seems
unlikely to be the problem.

Can you get a few other flash chips for further testing?

//Peter