[LinuxBIOS] Questions to flashing BIOS chips

Thomas Buschhardt ml at saxnet.de
Tue Aug 14 15:00:18 CEST 2007

Hallo,

I'm new to BIOS-flashing and have some questions and hopefully you can
help me out. I got a Galep5 programmer with a DIL32 to PLCC32 Adapter
and samples of some flash-memory chips SST 49LF004B (33-4C-NHE). These
samples are from Gneral Software Inc. and Insyde Software. I backup the
original BIOS to files and delete the chip after that I wrote my
linuxbios.rom to the chip(s) and put it to the motherboard (AMD LX
DB800), but nothing happen.
After that I wrote the original BIOS back to the chip (compare shown ok)
and put these into the MB but nothing happen (again).
The MB is ok (I tested with other samples).
Now my question: Its possible these samples have some "protection"
against use with other BIOS (linuxbios :-) ) or how can I find the error?

Thanx for answers. Thomas