[LinuxBIOS] RD1-PL - Am I having a laugh trying to find one?

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 05:33:55 CEST 2007

Richard Wilson wrote:
> Hullo all,
>
> I'm looking at playing round with LB on an EPIA MII-12000, but I don't
> so much like the idea of bricking the thing. From the documentation on
> the website, and from watching the mailing lists, it seems that an
> RD1-PL is the best way to avoid this. From the mailing list archives and
> my own research, it seems finding one of the things is likely to be the
> hardest part of the entire endeavour. The only place on the entire
> 'where to buy' list on the manufacturer website that seems to have any
> in stock, is in German, and even with the help of Google Translate, I'm
> a bit lost trying to work my way round the site. Does anyone know of
> anywhere that might have one? I don't mind buying from pretty much any
> country in Europe or America, if I can only find one! Alternatively,
> maybe someone bought a few, and would be prepared to sell me one? Heck,
> I'd even buy two and donate one to the project, if that would do some good.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Richard W

All the vendors I know of are out of stock. Depending on your location
though, there are distributors for just the flash chips, which you can
then hot-swap in and out. Make sure you're getting chips of the correct
voltage and flash type/size. The BIOS savior is essentially a more
convenient way of doing the same thing.

-Corey