[LinuxBIOS] MSI ms 7250 (based on Giga57Sli) none SMP kernel IRQ problem

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Aug 3 15:53:26 CEST 2007

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 04:35:52PM +0000, George V. Adamov wrote:
> If I understood correctly it's possible to change IRQs for pci
> slots via mp_table.c

Well, not arbitrarily. Which IRQ you can assign to a PCI slot is
ultimately determined by the signal routing on the mainboard.

> /*I have a dual core CPU 3800+ but running LB linux with smp kernel
> shows only one cpu (((*/

This sounds bad. Does LB say anything about multiple cores? (Should
it?)

> But when booting none smp mp_table seems to be ignored (as well as
> pirq).

This also sounds bad. Is there ACPI for this board? That would cause
mptable and pirq to be ignored by Linux.

> Is there any way to control interrupts assigned to PCI slots?

Not arbitrarily, no. :\

//Peter