[LinuxBIOS] ECS top hat flash - dual-bios-circuit useable elsewhere ?

Quux pawn2be.wild at yahoo.de
Sun Apr 29 23:39:01 CEST 2007

Peter Stuge schrieb:
>> the tivo socket has no circuitry at all.
>>

> Really? Is there a schematic somewhere?

I also had to bl**dy register with the forum. Those two pdf's just show
photo's, so for plain wiring no one bothered to draw any schematics
seemingly.
I guess it is pretty much established, that it's all about two plcc in
parallel with #CE activated individually. not that difficult after all.
using a flip over socket avoids cutting the #CE line on the mobo if
there is no chipset output driving those 2 #CE signals.
the Gigabyte patent also includes the firmware procedure to verify flash
content and to automatically select a valid chip without user intervention.

maybe one day they ship M57's with full dual bios : one legacy and the
other LinuxBIOS activated by default   YEAH !    :-)   --Q