[LinuxBIOS] ECS top hat flash - dual-bios-circuit useable elsewhere ?

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Sun Apr 29 23:09:49 CEST 2007

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 12:05:21PM -0700, Vlad wrote:
> The OpenGraphics project (http://OpenGraphics.org,
> http://www.TraversalTech.com) has people with extensive knowledge
> in hardware manufacturing and a desire to create hardware with
> completely open specifications.

While there's people like that also on this list this is a good
point and something to keep in mind if and when we want to produce
something.

> They have been discussing the possibility of making products other
> than graphics cards in order to generate capital.

The problem with most if not all products that would be used for/with
LinuxBIOS is that they either have a very small market or must reach
a very low target price, which means there is little to no capital to
be gained from the process. Indeed I think the problem with the
product ideas we've had so far is that of financing the production
rather than the technical knowledge needed. It's just really
expensive to make stuff. :(

(And then there's sales and distribution if it's a consumer product
rather than developer product.)

//Peter