[LinuxBIOS] EPIA fix for non working IDE

Ben Hewson ben at hewson-venieri.com
Sun Apr 29 12:36:51 CEST 2007

Hi all

There has been a bug in the EPIA build which at some point stopped FILO
being able to boot
from an IDE drive. After much digging I have found the problem and have
changed the following
two files.

LinuxBIOSv2/src/mainboard/via/epia/auto.c
LinuxBIOSv2/src/southbridge/via/vt8231/vt8231_ide.c

I have also changed the default COM speed from 19200 to 115200. This is
a personal thing but
every time I update LB I forget to change it back. Leave it out if you wish.

LinuxBIOSv2/src/mainboard/via/epia/Options.lb

I have attached a patch file. Can someone please see about checking &
adding the fixes to the repository.

There is still an issue with the board sometimes hanging on boot.  So I
would not class this as fully working just yet.

Regards
Ben Hewson