[LinuxBIOS] How to enable VGA on Tyan S3992?

Feng, Libo Libo.Feng at amd.com
Wed Apr 25 12:23:03 CEST 2007

I have adapted LB of MSI ms9185 to Tyan S3992. It runs well and comes to the grub command line of Filo. Special thanks to Mr. Lu Yinghai.

The last task is how to enable VGA on Tyan S3992. I have gotten ATI ES1000 VGA BIOS from Tyan web site with Mr. Anton Borisov's tool. It is 36KB. I concatenate it with LB image, 512KB.

default CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA=1
default CONFIG_PCI_ROM_RUN=1 in mainboard/msi/ms9185/Options.lb.

I am not sure about  the below:
device pci 9.0 on  # PCI
        chip drivers/pci/onboard
                device pci 9.0 on end
                register "rom_address" = "0xfff80000" #512k image
                #register "rom_address" = "0xfff00000" #1M image
        end
end

I check device number on Windows, it is 12, but the broadcom spec says it is 13. I have tried both, it didn't work. What should be set here? And the device number is hex or decimal? What else variable should be set in config file? Do I need to switch the console from serial port to VGA? How? Thank you very much.

Best Regards

丰立波 Feng Libo @ AMD  Ext: 20906
Mobile Phone: 13683249071
Office Phone: 0086-010-62801406