[LinuxBIOS] lxbios bug?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Apr 24 00:24:33 CEST 2007

* ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> [070424 00:15]:
> >> boot-parameters {
> >>   console-baud { default=115200, choices={9600, 19200, etc.}}
> >>   something=true (use of true or false defines this as a 1/0 choice)
> >> }

I do like this format!

> I have always, personally, had trouble reading those files. I just
> don't find them to be easily comprehended. I think this new format is
> more readable.

fully agreed.

> That said, there's no reason, as a first step, not to
> put the current format into dts ...

As a first step? Does it logically belong into the dts?

Is so, lets put it there. If not, it is easy to change the current
option utility to read the new format instead.

> >> But we will need to have dts tree parsing happening as part of make
> >> config; is this ok too?
> >
> >Dont we have this already?
>
> oh, maybe we do; we run dtc when we do make config?

ah d'uh. no. We run it during make. hitch in my head :)

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613