[LinuxBIOS] Trying to test my RD1

Nicholas Veeser nveeser at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 05:48:17 CEST 2007

So I have SST49FL080A Bios chip.
I bought the RD1-LPC8 to work with it (has a W39V080A)

So I downloaded the old rom from the first chip, then flipped the switch and
did the reverse.
But when I reboot with the RD1 enabled nothing happens.
Aren't these chips interchangable?  Did I flash something wrong?

Second question is about my linuxbios.

I tried to build my first instance of linux bios with a etherboot payload.
Seems to build fine, from the most of the defaults.  But Flashrom won't
accept it.
Says the image is the wrong size.  It seems to be 512KB instead of 1024KB.
I am not sure I understand all the options yet.  How do I make this the
right size?

W39V080A found at physical address: 0xfff00000
Flash part is W39V080A (1024 KB)
Error: Image size doesnt match

Thanx
Nicholas