[LinuxBIOS] You've got to be crazy when...

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Sat Apr 21 02:33:49 CEST 2007

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 04:45:42PM -0400, Corey Osgood wrote:
> roger wrote:
> > You take the time to write an entire o/s in Assembly. :-)
> >
> > http://www.menuetos.net/
>
> No, that's actually somewhat useful. Now this:
>
> http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/software/tiny/teensy.html
>
> is crazy.

The extremes aren't very useful, overloading structures with code is
not a good idea. I would guess virus scanners and who knows who else
will have objectins, even if the kernel is happy.

Assembly can be good though; more than once have I used asmutils when
doing tricks with libraries so that no C programs ran.

http://asm.sourceforge.net/asmutils.html

//Peter