[LinuxBIOS] Instructions: GA-M57SLI-S4 dual linux bios

ST st at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Apr 20 10:06:57 CEST 2007

Hi
> Please confirm once you've tried flashrom. Booting only requires
> reads to work, but IIRC all relevant signals were connected across.
Yesterday evening i tested writing to flash with flashrom. Albeit still only
with the original firmware blobs in different versions to verify that s.t.
had changed.

I tested writing to both chips and switching chips while running. Thus i
verified that:
* only one chip is written at a time,
* both chips are writeable,
* it is possible to switch the flash-rom's while running.

So i think everything except the question about the direct ground pulldown of
the INIT# pins (with or without resistor) is clear that it works as expected.

Concerning the pulldown: I currently have only a jumper connected to the
chips, this makes switching somehow delicate since it takes some time pull
the jumper of and put it on the other location. In this time both chips are
active, which is not to nice, but i can report that it works nevertheless. I
had some suggestions to put some resistors in between the switch and the T12
and T22 pins.

I also tried to build linuxbios with a linux payload, but somehow the kernel
bzImage was way to big to fit into the flash. Is it possible to fit a 2.6.2x
kernel into 4MBit flash-rom?

Thanks
ST