[LinuxBIOS] DFI P2XBL Motherboard Target (440BX)

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Fri Apr 20 00:07:25 CEST 2007

roger wrote:
> src/superio/winbond/w83977tf/w83977tf.h appears to me it's in decimal
> format compared to src/superio/nsc/pc87309/pc87309.h which is in
> hexadecimal format.  Could this be an issue?
>
> Also, still not getting output after just editing the auto.c and
> replacing pc97309 with w83977tf.  One thing I left out was, the ASUS P2B
> auto.c impliments w83977tf with the the following (0x3f0) value:
> #define SERIAL_DEV PNP_DEV(0x3f0, W83977TF_SP1)

The w83977tf worked fine for me with whatever code is currently in
linuxbios for it, and the above line. Others have had problems with
getting the tf's code to work on other versions, you might be better off
to try porting from another super io, and see what happens.

> Tyan S1846 uses (0x2e)
> /*#define SERIAL_DEV PNP_DEV(0x2e, PC87309_SP1)*/
>
> Basically, I should be getting some linuxbios specific output on ttyS*.
> And filo is last with it's output right?

Well, filo or grub or the kernel, depending on your configuration.

-Corey