[LinuxBIOS] AMD K8 + K8T890 + VT8237 + Asus A8V-E SE

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Thu Apr 19 09:49:10 CEST 2007

Rudolf Marek wrote:
> Corey Osgood wrote:
>>> It works without those? Interesting. I'll try it in a few minutes,
>>> see if it works here.
>>
>> Confirmed: this doesn't work with my board, it doesn't find the dimm at
>> all, nor read any of the spd data correctly if forced to. Not quite sure
>> why, but I'll investigate it further later. It might be this is done by
>> the k8 code before it does smbus_read_byte()?
>
> Yes perhaps. Btw It seems that I need also a bit of warming up the chip
> so it works correctly :/ I will investigate. Also It seems I'm stuck
> with the PCI-E device mirroring on all addresses. I already programmed
> all values to match award values and it still does not work :/ I signed
> up for VIA datasheet, so we see what will happen.
>
> Rudolf

Attached is yet another version. In auto.c, put enable_smbus() before
your serial init, then smbus_fixup() after the serial init, so smbus can
be figuring itself out while the console is initializing. That should
take care of any problems. And yes, I have actually tested this version
first ;) You will need a DDR2 stick in slot 0 for it to work correctly,
I'll fix it up later to work with regular DDR as well (I'm sure you can
see how to fix it if you're using DDR). Again your changes (IO base and
commenting that code) will be needed.

-Corey