[LinuxBIOS] An idea, of sorts

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Tue Apr 10 22:27:19 CEST 2007

Randall Philipson wrote:
> I haven't spilled any on any pins yet.  You don't need very much glue to make it work.  I don't know how conductive super glue is, I don't think it is very, but it might be an interesting experiment.  I'll pull out the datasheet and put some glue between D0 and D1 or some pins that won't be shorting Vcc to ground and see if it affects it.

Super Glue or "Cyanoacrylate" is an acrylic resin. They tend to be good
insulators.

If you happento get some on the pins, conductivity won't be your main
problem. Having the package glued into the socket will be though. If it
does happen, try a little Acetone or Nitromethane to loosen the bond.
The acetone may also attack or melt the plastic IC socket, so use it
very sparingly. Nitromethane is highly explosive, so be carefull with
that as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate

-Bari