[LinuxBIOS] An idea, of sorts

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Tue Apr 10 20:38:35 CEST 2007

Randall Philipson wrote:
> I don't have an account so I guess I can't edit the wiki, but anyone can feel free to add the stuff, or if desired, I can work up something and submit it for consideration.  (I guess I would just submit an HTML attachment?).
>
> Obviously I'm not claiming any copyright on the photos.  Public domain, share them if you wish.

I thought about doing something very similar to this, but would there be
any issue with the conductivity of the super glue? Especially if any
spilled onto the pins? That was the concern that kept me from
experimenting with it (and the inclusion of a plcc extractor with my
BIOS savior, I was just too cheap to buy one). I've also tinkered around
with using toothpicks to remove the chips...bad idea.

BTW, very nice job, and good pics.

-Corey