[LinuxBIOS] IDE become readonly, why?

Beneo beneo at comcast.net
Thu Apr 5 23:37:11 CEST 2007

Peter,

I hit CRTL-C becomes Linux Boot stopped after display the "Configuring
kernel parameters:  [  OK  ]" message. I have to CRTL-C to get the boot to
continue.

I understand LinuxBIOS will not be called by Linux, (LinuxBIOS is long
gone.), but rather it is some setup LinuxBIOS did caused this issue as
Pheonix BIOS didn't have this issue when booting the same Linux from the
same IDE HD.

So my question is what possible things LinuxBIOS did to cause Linux boot to
stop at this location?

File system becomes readonly probably is caused Linux boot skipped some
procedures, like remount. but it is the consequence of the setup issue
LinuxBIOS.

Does anybody know what possible areas to check in the LinuxBIOS?

Thanks

Beneo