[LinuxBIOS] In-Circuit FLASH Programmer and Logic Analyzer

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Sun Apr 1 00:33:10 CEST 2007

>> > That's ideally. In reality, several things are absent.
>
> A scope is easier to come by though. I have one, but I don't have a
> board with SPI flash.

That's why I'm doing the low cost In-Circuit FLASH Programmer and Logic
Analyzer. Programming SPI Flash in circuit will be no problem. Just
attach an adapter and program away.

Analyzing the the SPI bus will be the same. The only tricky part is
having to snip or lift the CE# on a soldered down (vs socketed) FLASH
device, to allow for FLASH emulation. Socketed Flash devices will be
pulled and be replaced with an adapter that is pressed into the socket.

The Xilinx Spartan -3e dev. boards are in. I'll post all the programming
info up in the next few weeks. Someone has already done a multichannel
Logic Analyzer design and written a JAVA Client for viewing data that
should just about drop into the board.

-Bari