[LinuxBIOS] iasl path config option.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sat Sep 30 09:22:37 CEST 2006

* ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> [060930 08:56]:
> Isn't this what PATH shell variables are for? The problem is that we have a
> hard-coded path, /usr/sbin/iasl, not that we need a config variable for the
> path. What should happen is that the hard-coded path should be replaced with a
> command name.

I think so, too. It is also a purely build environment related thing,
which is imho not really a "configuration issue" but an "environment
issue"

> I don't think we should add a new variable for something that should be in the
> user's path.  I don't think we need this patch.

Which distributions do pack iasl to /usr/sbin btw? I know SUSE does.
Though I do not understand why. It is a development tool, and making
that available to root's default path sounds wrong, nobody ought to
develop as root.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613