[LinuxBIOS] epia

Tyler Pohl tylerapohl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 00:19:17 CEST 2006

I have a epia board with a VT8231 and the via C3 processor.  I can install
linuxbios and get it to boot with serial port output using filo.  The vga
bios is 49kb.  Where do i insert the VGA bios is it at the begining of the
flash chip starting at address c0000 ?  Can I boot linux bios without
fallback and just the normal and vga?  Is it even possible to get this vga
working in linuxbios?  How does the vga boot process work, I don't
understand why one would need to insert the vga bios into the flash chip.
Couldn't one just jump to the vga bios instead?

Thanks,
Tyler Pohl