[LinuxBIOS] new to LinuxBIOS (help for nova4899r)

Luis Correia luis.f.correia at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 20:29:56 CEST 2006

Hi!

On 9/23/06, yhlu <yinghailu at gmail.com> wrote:
> why acpi?

maybe i'm too used to fix things by turning ACPI on... but wait, that
is with windows...

> You may add some assign_irq in irq_table.c in MB dir. It will set the
> IRQ to Device pci conf space. Kernel driver then get irq from that.

but i must make sure the actual irq is wired to that device or else
things could go wrong

> YH

New subject, how about vga bios, is this GX1 fully supported now? i've
read some comments about it in the ml archives, but couldn't conclude
anything.

And the factory bios also has something called a VSA, it appears to be
some sort of firmware or driver. What is the best descriprion for this
peice of code in the bios?

Well, it is probably best for me to build one bios and then analise
the results...

Luis