[LinuxBIOS] Planet LinuxBIOS?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sun Sep 17 02:01:44 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 01:56:10PM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> I can set up a blog here if people are interested. Though I am not sure
> what the advantage over mailing list and wiki is. Can you please explain
> this a little bit?

I'm not thinking about a single blog; the point is to have an aggregated
"Planet" which collects blog posts of many different developers (who all
have their own blog).

Take Planet Debian (http://planet.debian.org/) as an example. If you're
interested in Debian, you don't want to go hunting around for weblogs of
individual developers, which would take ages and you'd miss some.

The Planet provides one central place where blog posts by Debian developers
are collected, which is nice. You can simply subscribe to one RSS feed
and you're set. As a whole I'm sure it draws more attention than the single
developer blogs alone.

A similar place for LinuxBIOS would probably be nice (as an addition).
It should not replace the mailing-list or the wiki, which contain
development discussions or documentation, but it's a rather nice add-on.

> Dunno. Slashdot has been consequently ignoring me in the last couple of
> months wrt LinuxBIOS activities.

Hm, strange... but there were several Slashdot articles in the past,
right?

Uwe.
--
Uwe Hermann