[LinuxBIOS] changes in decompress coming.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Sep 15 19:14:38 CEST 2006

* Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> [060915 18:48]:
> I remember many moons ago we talked about using Kconfig.  And we chose
> not to.  IIRC t the time Kconfig was seen as not being able to deal
> with our hardware tree structures.  But that was a long time ago.

Yes. It still can't. But the tree is not something the user should
configure. Its a hardware description. The motherboard support
developer should do this.

We already have this seperation, although we did not dare doing it right
last time: Config.lb and Options.lb in the mainboard directory.

Config.lb should be Tree.lb and contain nothing but the tree. It is not
a config.

Options.lb should contain the default values for the configuration
options (ie the "Kconfig" file for the kconfig mechanism)
The target configuration file is .config in kconfig speak.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613