[LinuxBIOS] changes in decompress coming.

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 18:48:11 CEST 2006

On 9/15/06, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:

> * Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> [060915 18:03]:
> > One line of text _cannot_ accurately describe these options.
>
> YES!  We need Linux Kconfig.

I remember many moons ago we talked about using Kconfig.  And we chose
not to.  IIRC t the time Kconfig was seen as not being able to deal
with our hardware tree structures.  But that was a long time ago.

Every other embedded system setup I've used ( ie
ptxdist,openwrt,busybox,buildroot..) all use some version of Kconfig
(or buildroot which useds Kconfig).   None of them however have the
advanced config issues we have with our hardware trees.  Perhpas we
can extend Kconfig to suite our needs or re-write 'buildtarget' to
work more like Kconfig.

It is a tough issue with non-trival solutions.   But we know so much
more now then we did then so hopefully we can come up with a good
solution.

Perhaps you should add an Agenda Item.

"Config system.  How do we fix?"
V3 only?